About this project
Through-traffic of Hwy 4 will be detoured during most of the 2016 construction season. Local access to businesses and residences will be maintained.
- View/print through-traffic detour route (PDF 0.5 MB):
- Hwy 4 to CR 57
- CR 57 to CR 56
- CR 56 to CR 55
- CR 55 to Hwy 4
Summary of work
- Improve Hwy 4 roadway structure and smoothness through reconstruction (1.6 miles). The original 1951 concrete rides rough with a Ride Quality Index of 0.3 in 2011.
- Upgrade city utility infrastructure, which is currently experiencing multiple breaks each winter.
- Decrease maintenance of roadway and utility structures.
- Enhance pedestrian accommodations through sidewalk construction, boulevard aesthetics and safety.
- Chose alternative through town, will not bypass community
- Survey mapping
- Scope of work
- Preliminary concepts/alternatives
- Utility mapping
- Right of way mapping
- Geometric layout for municipal consent
- Construction limits for right of way purchasing
- $6.9 million (excludes city utility work)