About this project
Coming in 2020.
Summary of work
Reconstruction of Hwy 19 through downtown New Prague from the intersection of Highway 13/21 to 7th Ave. SE
- Partnership with the City of New Prague and MnDOT to reconstruct approximately one mile of roadway through the historic downtown portion of the City.
- Replace aging and deteriorating infrastructure
- Municipal underground utilities (sanitary sewer and watermain)
- Stormwater drainage systems
- Roadway pavement and sidewalks
- Intersection improvements proposed at First Avenue and Columbus Avenue with mini-roundabouts (to view mini-roundabouts located in St. James Minnesota visit https://youtu.be/eZUVUq5fFMw )
- City of New Prague Main Street website
- Public involvement and stakeholder input
- Local business impacts
- Historic downtown
- Topographic surveys/review of existing buildings
- Railroad crossing
- Right of Way and temporary construction easements
- Construction staging and business access
- Streetscaping & landscaping
- Dožínky Festival – New Prague’s annual fall festival
- $10-13 million based on planning estimates
- Cost share estimates for the City of New Prague and MnDOT will be further refined as the project is further developed.