About this project
Construct a concrete overlay and improve the pavement on northbound lanes of Hwy 169 between St. Peter and Le Sueur (about 10 miles).
- None at this time.
- No detour for Highway 169 traffic expected.
- When construction starts in 2018, northbound and southbound Hwy 169 traffic will be reduced to a single lane in a head-to-head configuration, similar to the traffic configuration when Hwy 169 northbound is flooded by the Minnesota River. The Hwy 169 northbound exit and entrance ramps at the Hwy 93 interchange will be closed with detours provided.
Summary of work
- Concrete pavement overlay of the Hwy 169 northbound lanes
- Hwy 169 northbound bridge replacement over Robarts Creek (just north of St. Peter)
- Culvert replacement/repair
- Culvert sediment clean out
- Sedimentation basin construction to capture sediment before it enters culverts under Hwy 169
- Guardrail upgrades
- Adding high tension cable median barrier corridor wide to protect against median crossover head-to-head accidents
- Grading to improve drainage patterns and roadway side slopes
- Interchange lighting at the Hwy 169/Hwy 93 interchange in Le Sueur
- Adding Dynamic Message Signs to provide traveler information