About this project
Construction is planned to begin in early July 5 with stormwater work. The contractor also indicated that the construction would begin on the south end and work north.
The Highway 15 project in Fairmont received funding and was bid to a contractor on April 28, 2017. The low-bidder is Duininck, Inc with a bid of $4,880,555.46.
Summary of work
- Pavement improvements, resurfacing
- Refurbish or replace traffic signals, and upgrade signals to flashing yellow arrow
- Update traffic signals to include accessible pedestrian systems
- Update pedestrian ramps to meet ADA requirements
- Remove and replace sections of poor sidewalk and curb and gutter
- Perform spot repairs of the existing storm sewer lines
- 2013 - Project scoping initiated
- 2014 - Preliminary investigation of existing pavement, preliminary design and project coordination
- 2015 - Collect locations of in-place utilities and complete project mapping, detailed project design, identify easements and construction limits
- 2016 - Complete final design and obtain needed easements
- 2017 - Advertise for bids spring of 2017
- 2017 - Begin construction July 2017
- 2017 - End construction, late fall 2017
2017 Traffic impacts
- Watch for lane closures and traffic shifting to single lanes.
- Brief traffic delays may occur at intersections along the project to complete the work.
- Expect brief, in-town detour for storm sewer work.
- This project will be coordinated with adjacent construction taking place on I-90 between Sherburn and Fairmont as well as work the City has planned for Margaret Street.
- Business access will be maintained throughout the Hwy 15 project. Find out more about the Fairmont Chamber's effort to survive the construction on both I-90 and Highway 15 visit http://fairmontchamber.org/