About this project
Starting July 25, Hwy 57 will be closed from 7th St. NE to 11th St. NE through October. Hwy 57 has been closed from 1st St. NE to south of 7th St. NE since May and will remain closed through October. So, Hwy 57 will be closed from 1st St. NE to 11th St. NE through October. Traffic will continue to use the same detour:
- Turn left on Co. Rd. 34 (Co. Rd. 34 turns into 8th Ave. SW/ Co. Rd. 21)
- Turn right on Co. Rd. 12 which takes motorists back to Hwy 57
Mailboxes are located north of Houston's Green House (914 N Mantorville Ave.) for residents who live between 7th St. NE and 11th St. NE.
Contact Jason Brandvold with Heselton Construction with questions about access to homes and businesses during construction and inquiries about garbage pickup: 507-676-6116.
Summary of work
Construction is scheduled to occur over two years. The work during 2022 started May 23 and will go until early November, weather permitting. In 2023, work is scheduled to begin early April and end mid-July. Work includes the following.
- Reconstruction of Hwy 57 in Kasson from Veterans Memorial Highway/Dodge Co. Rd. 34 to 11th St. NE.
- Construction of roundabout at Hwy 57 and Veterans Memorial Highway/Dodge Co. Rd. 34.
- Construction of mini roundabout at Hwy 57 and Main St.
Work is being split into stages.
- Stage 1A starts and will be completed in 2022 and includes all reconstruction work from just north of 1st St. NE to south of 7th St. NE.
- Stage 1B starts and will be completed in 2022, including reconstruction work from south of 7th St. NE to north of 11th St. NE.
- Stage 2 will be completed in 2023 and includes all reconstruction work from south of Veterans Memorial Highway/Dodge Co. Rd. 34 to south of 1st St. NE, including the roundabout at Co. Rd. 34 and the mini roundabout at Main St.