About this project
(Oct. 20 update) The intersection of 57th Ave. and Goodhue County 14 Blvd. south of Cannon Falls will be closed and detoured for approximately 3 weeks, beginning Oct. 25, to complete grading and drainage work for the realignment of County 14 Blvd.
- Motorists traveling east on 57th Ave. to Goodhue County 14 Blvd. will utilize westbound 57th Ave. to Goodhue County 24 Blvd. in Cannon Falls.
- Motorists traveling west on Goodhue County 14 Blvd. to access 57th west will utilize northbound Hwy 52 to Goodhue County 24 Blvd. west to 57th Ave.
- Access to and from Goodhue County 14 Blvd. will remain open during this time.
- Detour map (.jpg)
(Oct. 13 update) Residents south of Cannon Falls and west of Hwy 52 may hear rock removal work beginning Oct. 22 as crews prepare the land to build a road connecting Goodhue County Road 14 with Goodhue County Road 24. Work is expected to take about 3 weeks and will be performed during late-morning or early-afternoon hours.
During this time, people may hear noise similar to fireworks, feel potential vibrations and see dust. Monitoring procedures are in place for vibration levels, fly-rock control, dust reduction and other safety precautions as required. Adjacent residents are receiving additional advance notification.
(July 28 update) August 4 - mid-November: Construction and detours for replacement of northbound Hwy 52 bridge at Hwy 60 east interchange south of Zumbrota
- Aug. 4 - mid-November: Hwy 52 will be reduced to a single lane in each direction in the southbound lanes starting Thursday, Aug. 4, one-half mile north and south of the Hwy 60 east interchange. This traffic change will remain for approximately four months.
- Aug. 4 - mid-November: Starting Aug. 4, motorists traveling west on Hwy 60 east to Hwy 52 south will travel Hwy 52 north to the Hwy 58 interchange, cross over the highway and return to Hwy 52 south. This detour will remain for approximately four months.
- Aug. 9 and 10: Closure of Hwy 52 southbound off-ramp to Hwy 60 east during bridge removal from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. for two consecutive nights, Aug. 9 and 10.
- Motorists traveling on Hwy 52 south to Hwy 60 east will utilize a U-turn lane at 480th St.
- Detour map (PDF)
(July 14 update) Detour begins Monday, July 26, for Hwy 60 west overpass bridge replacement in Zumbrota and will last approximately 4 months.
- Detour map (PDF)
- Motorists traveling east on Hwy 60 to Zumbrota will utilize Hwy 52 southbound and exit at Hwy 58.
- Motorists traveling Hwy 52 northbound to Hwy 60 west will utilize Hwy 58 exit to west Goodhue County Road 10 to Goodhue County Road 12 to Hwy 57 north to connect to Hwy 60 in Wanamingo.
Summary of Work
Construction starts July 14, 2021. This project will reconstruct the southbound Hwy 52 lanes beginning 2.2 miles south of Hwy 19 in Cannon Falls and proceeding south to 1.2 miles north of Goodhue County Road 7 with access control improvements.
The bridges at the junctions of Hwy 60 (west) and Hwy 60 (east) near Zumbrota will be replaced. As well as the replacement of the Hwy 52 southbound bridge and rehabilitating the Hwy 52 northbound bridge over the Zumbro River.
A new interchange will be constructed to replace the existing at-grade intersection at Hwy 52 and Hwy 57 / Goodhue County Road 8 (Hader Interchange).
Additional safety and access management measures will be implemented on the corridor including new frontage roads, reduced conflict intersections (RCIs) and construction of a new Goodhue County Road 14 connection on the north end of the project near Cannon Falls.
Some of the items may move in time periods or change as design work continues.
- Construct various Hwy 52 median crossover lanes to direct traffic off or onto the northbound or southbound lanes during future construction work.
- Construct Hwy 60 West overpass bridge replacement at Zumbrota
- Replace northbound Hwy 52 bridge at Hwy 60 east interchange south of Zumbrota
- Reconstruct of Hwy 52 southbound from (4,000 feet north) Goodhue County Road 9 to Goodhue County Road 50
- Interchange construction at Hwy 57 / County Road 8 at Hwy 52
- Replace southbound Hwy 52 bridge at Hwy 60 east interchange
- Construct County Road 14 connection, frontage roads, and cul de sacs
- Replace southbound Hwy 52 bridge over Zumbro River
- Reconstruct Hwy 52 southbound from County Road 23 in Cannon Falls to (4,000 feet) north of County Road 9
- Reconstruct Hwy 52 southbound from County Road 50 to 1.3 miles north of County Road 7
- Construct frontage roads and cul de sacs
- Construct noisewall along NB Hwy 52 south of Hwy 58 interchange at Zumbrota
- Road closure and detours required
- Impacts to North Fork Zumbro River State Water Trail
- Impacts to resident, field, and business access
- Bridge removal
- Vibration, noise and night work
- Utility work