The Minnesota Department of Transportation is reconstructing the intersection of I-94 and Hwy 75/8th Street. In addition, auxiliary lanes (an additional lane in each direction) are being added on I-94 between Hwy 75/8th Street and 20th Street.
What will it look like when it's complete? See a project simulation.
- 30th Avenue South intersection with Hwy 75/8th St has reopened to traffic.
- Hwy 75/8th St. closed over I-94 in both directions
- Ramps closed: EB 94 to SB 75, SB 75 to WB 94
- Intermittent overnight lane closures possible on I-94 near the Red River bridge
- Detours around the Hwy 75/8th St. work zone
- For more details, check out the weekly update page
The project will be constructed over the 2016 construction season. Some minor cleanup may be completed in 2017.
Because the school year is rapidly approaching and the project is behind schedule, we have adjusted the staging of the project to mitigate the construction impacts. We’re working to open Hwy 75/8th St to North-South traffic prior to Labor Day, and open the NW and SW ramps as they are completed in early to mid-September.
Detour map - From early June to mid- to late-August, Hwy 75/8th St. traffic will detour to 40th Ave S, 20th St S and 12th Ave S. The 34th St. interchange will be used for some traffic movements.
- $13.6 million
MnDOT has selected a preferred interchange alternative, the Diverging Diamond Interchange (DDI) alternative. See the layout (PDF, 9 MB). The DDI best addressed the project purpose and need as well as stakeholder input. Also see a simulation of projected 2035 traffic volumes flowing through the DDI (MP4, 77 MB) or view a low-resolution version (17 MB WMV).
Additional Diverging Diamond Interchange links