Highway 114, from Lowry to Starbuck, is expected to be in poor condition by 2024, increasing the resource needs from maintenance. The sidewalk and pedestrian ramps in Lowry are currently noncompliant and will be replaced as part of this project.
The project will include placing new sidewalk and ramps on the west side of Highway 114 and between Cherry and Maple Street in Lowry.
Key project elements
- Reconstruction of Highway 114 from the Highway 55 intersection to County Road 28 in Lowry
- Resurfacing of Highway 114 from County Road 28 to Highway 28 in Starbuck
- Storm sewer replacement in Lowry and culvert replacements
- Tree removals in Lowry due to powerline and sidewalk conflicts or age and decay
- A detour is expected. Lane closures are another potential traffic impact.