Construction begins May 15. Road closed, use detour. If traveling to Danvers or between the bridge sites east and west of Danvers, use County Road 15 to Highway 12.
In 2023, the Minnesota Department of Transportation will begin a projects to replace the bridges over the Chippewa River, Cottonwood Creek and County Ditch 3.
Key project elements
- Replace bridges over Chippewa River, Cottonwood Creek and County Ditch 3
Current traffic impacts
- Road closed
- Detour: Highway 59, County Road 20, Highway 9
- Local traffic: Highway 12 will be impassable at the bridge sites.
- The bridge west of Danvers (over the creek) and east of Danvers (over the county ditch) will close first.
- Those who live between the bridges and/or in Danvers, use County Road 15 between County Road 20 and Highway 12
Latest construction update
Update from 5/30/23
Construction on the bridge west of Danvers started on May 15. Since then, crews have removed the existing bridge, poured the western abutment, and are currently driving pile on the eastern side. Demolition of the bridge east of Danvers started Tuesday, May 30. Highway 12 is impassable at the bridge sites west and east of Danvers. If traveling to Danvers, from County Road 20, take County Road 15. Thru-traffic should always follow the detour on Highway 9, County Road 20 and Highway 59.
Attention travelers: You may encounter another nearby project/detour on Highway 29, north of Benson. Learn more about the Hwy 29 Chippewa River bridge replacement.