Prep work begins May 9
MnDOT will replace the Hwy 65 (Hwy 23) bridge over the Snake River south of Division St. in Mora, Kanabec County.
- Bridge will be open to two-way traffic through work zone, however expect lane shifts, no shoulders and reduced speeds
Summary of work
- Reconstruct the Hwy 65 bridge over the Snake River
- Install multi-use trail along the west side of the road that connects to S Union St.
- Improve pedestrian crossing at Division St.
- Update storm water drainage to Snake River
Bridge will be open through the work zone and built half at a time.
- Motorists: Periodic lane closures, lane shifts, narrow lanes, no shoulders and reduced speeds.
- No oversized loads permitted: Expect narrow lanes without shoulders. Oversize loads will NOT be allowed in the entire work zone.
- Pedestrians: Bridge is narrow with no shoulders. Pedestrians will not be allowed to cross and no walkway is provided to cross the bridge. For your safety, please seek alternate routes.