Periodic lane closures
- Periodic single-lane closures between Hwy 241 St. Michael and Wright Co. Rd. 18 in Monticello (8 p.m. to noon each overnight)
- Periodic single-lane closures between Wright Co. Rd. 18 in Monticello and Hwy 241 in St. Michael. (7 p.m. to 5 a.m. each overnight)
What to expect in the work zone
- Reduced speeds, lane shifts, workers and flashing equipment
- Off-road work may occur anytime
- Pay attention to the road as sight distances lessen in the night hours
- Crews will collect field data and bore material samples
Schedule is tentative. Good weather is necessary to do this work.
About this project
Plans are underway to improve and expand I-94 to three lanes in each direction to close the gap between Albertville and Monticello. Work begins as early as 2024.
Preliminary design has begun and MnDOT will develop a final concept, complete the environmental process and deliver construction plans.
Summary of work
- Reconstruct the road surface
- Add a third westbound lane from Co. Rd. 37 in Albertville to west of Hwy 25 in Monticello
- Add a third eastbound lane from west of Hwy 25 in Monticello to Co. Rd. 19 in Albertville
- Replace the westbound bridge over Wright Co. Rd. 19 in Albertville
- Widen the westbound bridge over Co. Rd. 75 in Monticello
- Replace or repair underground pipes
- Install potential noise walls along I-94 in the Monticello area
Watch a quick clip to learn about this future I-94 project between Albertville and Monticello.
Source: MnDOT Vimeo Channel
Project scope and summary of work yet to be determined depending on available funds.