MnDOT, Crow Wing County and the City of Brainerd to reconstruct and improve Hwy 210, also known as Washington St., from Baxter Dr. to the east end of the four-lane in Brainerd. Work is scheduled to begin in 2026. Project requires detours.
Upcoming public events
Stay tuned we'll be doing a public meeting to show the preliminary layout in June or July 2022.
March 2022: A corridor study is completed and will be used to plan future access and safety improvements on Hwy 210. MnDOT is in the process of drafting layout concepts and will seek public input in the near future.
Summary of work
- Reconstruct the road surface
- Reconstruct curbs, gutters, raised medians and storm sewers
- Update signal systems and improve access along the corridor, includes turn-lanes, intersections and road or driveway entrances
- Repair or reconstruct pedestrian sidewalks, multi-use trails and road ramp approaches
- Realign and improve access at the Hwy 210/Hwy 25/Mill Ave. intersection
- Upgrade city utilities
- Improve road ditch drainage
- MnDOT will also update the Hwy 210 bridge over the Mississippi River
- Consider the safety and access recommendations indicated in the corridor study
Motorists: Lane closures, changes to access along Hwy 210, gravel surfaces, detours
Pedestrians: Sidewalk closures, signed detours
More details to become available closer to construction