MnDOT, Crow Wing County and the City of Brainerd to reconstruct and improve Hwy 210, also known as Washington St., from Baxter Dr. to the east end of the four-lane in Brainerd. Work is scheduled to begin in 2026 and will require detours.
Upcoming public events
Stay tuned we'll be doing a public meeting to show the preliminary layout in August 2022.
Summary of work
- Reconstruct the road surface
- Reconstruct curbs, gutters, raised medians and storm sewers
- Update signal systems and improve access along the corridor, includes turn-lanes, intersections and road or driveway entrances
- Repair or reconstruct pedestrian sidewalks, multi-use trails and road ramp approaches
- Realign and improve access at the Hwy 210/Hwy 25/Mill Ave. intersection
- Upgrade city utilities
- Improve road ditch drainage
- MnDOT will also update the Hwy 210 bridge over the Mississippi River
- Consider the safety and access recommendations indicated in the corridor study
Motorists: Lane closures, changes to access along Hwy 210, gravel surfaces, detours
Pedestrians: Sidewalk closures, signed detours
More details to become available closer to construction