Construction is complete
Construction for this project is complete. For information on the project throughout the construction process, please see the updates below.
Crews continue work along the medians on the Highway 71. Both northbound and southbound lanes are open with inside lanes closed for median work. Inside lanes and medians are planned to reopen in the next few days. There may be intermittent closures at the medians for final finish work in the next week. Crews are expected to begin equipment and construction sign removal in the next week.
What's happening now?
- Median/intersection reconstruction along the corridor
- Pavement markings and rumble strips
- Remove temporary pavement
- Complete drainage pond near Anne Street
- Landscaping throughout the corridor
What's happening next?
- Turf establishment
- Light pole installation
- Equipment removal
- Construction sign removal
- Hwy 71:
- Medians are currently closed, utilize Irvine Avenue ramps or Anne Street roundabout (depending on location) for cross traffic on Highway 71
- Medians planned to be open in the next few days
- Once paving and sign installation are complete at the medians, there will be intermittent closures through mid-October
- Slow down and expect delays
- Anne St:
- All four legs of the roundabout are now open
- Hwy 71/197:
- Lane closure at Hwy 71 northbound off of Hwy 2, expect delays
Previous project updates and construction staging details can be found on the construction page
Stay up to date
You can stay up to date throughout the project by: