Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ)
IDIQ is an acronym for a type of contract that provides for an indefinite quantity of work during a fixed period of time. The Department would place orders for individual requirements. Quantity limits may be stated as number of units or as dollar values.
IDIQ contracts require the Department to order and the contractor to furnish as least a stated minimum quantity of work. In addition, if ordered, the contractor must furnish any additional quantities, not to exceed the stated maximum. The minimum quantity should not exceed the amount that the Department is fairly certain to order.
Difference from traditional methods
- IDIQ contracts have a variable quantity usually established by Dollar Value.
- Work sites are identified and assigned by issuing Task Orders after the contract is approved.
- No work is authorized on the IDIQ contract without a fully executed Task Order.
- Budget-Fiscal Year spending – IDIQ can be used to control spending at the end of a fiscal year
- Combining Contracts – IDIQ can be used to combine several small contracts into one larger contract which reduces the number of lettings and simplifies contact administration
- Open Contract – IDIQ reduces amount of time between need and delivery of project
- Reduced Design Cost – One detailed plan and specifications are utilized to perform multiple similar projects
IDIQ Task Order Execution
Finance - Funding Identification and Additional Encumbrance Info
Process for determining funding
Use the “IDIQ Project Budget Tracking Form - State Funds Only" to identify the funds needed to cover the cost of work identified in each Task Order.
For contracts with a contract maximum value of $4,000,000.01 or greater, itemize work on Task Orders by Control Section, State Project Number, and Group. Submit the “IDIQ Individual Control Section Attribute Form” and the “IDIQ Project Budget Tracking Form – State Funds Only” when submitting the Task Order Package to OCIC for approval.
For Contracts with a maximum value of $4,000,000 or less, contact Kevin Kosobud to discuss options for tracking costs.
- IDIQ - Contract Administration Manual Chapter 7 (Word)
- IDIQ - Special Provisions (Word)
- IDIQ - Use of Federal Funds (Word)
- Submit all Task Order Request Packages and Certificate of Task Order Acceptance Documents to:
IDIQ Task Order Request Package Forms
- IDIQ Project Package - under $4 million (PDF)
- IDIQ Project Package - over $4 million (PDF)
- Notice to Proceed (PDF)
- Task Order Group Funding Redistribution Form (PDF)
- Certification of Task Order Acceptance (PDF)
For more information regarding the IDIQ contracting process, please contact Kevin Kosobud.