Change Order Level 1
Document changes allowed by contract
- Document the basis of acceptance and to adjust the Contract Unit Price of unacceptable Work allowed to remain in place in accordance with 1512.1.
- Document substitution of materials per 1605.
- Document changes resulting from adoption of new standards, new instructional memoranda, or recommendations from MnDOT Central Office
- Document changes in the original (P) quantity due to re-measurement or re-computation in accordance with 1901.1.
- Document substitution of methods or equipment at the Contractor’s request in accordance with 1805.
- Document 1905 Compensation for Eliminated Items
- Document incentive payments/disincentive assessments to the Contractor for pavement ride quality, quality standards, or early completion as provided in the Contract.
- Document final pay quantities for landscape items
- Document contract predetermined prices.
- MnDOT Project Engineer
- Local Agency if funding Change, wholly or in part
- Contractor (Optional)
- Consultant Contract Administrator (can only recommend approval), if applicable
Engineer enters Change Order in AASHTOWare
- Enter all info on General tab
- Enter Change Order Explanations
- Enter Items (if new Cat needs to be created contract changes specialist will do this during the review and the Engineer can enter items at a later date)
- Leave in draft status
- Create a copy of the contract Change Document from the Component actions menu and save a PDF copy
Engineer emails appropriate contract changes specialist for review of the Change Order
- Send contract changes specialist an email (John-North, Bob-Central, Eric-South) stating the Change Order is ready for review in AW
- Use the following format in the subject line
- Attach the PDF copy of the Change Order Document for CCU to review
- Include any useful information in the email at this time
- Applicable CO details
Contract changes specialist will review Draft Change order
- Contract Changes Specialist will do an initial review of the change order
- Review team will do a secondary review of the change order
Contract changes specialist will email Engineer with the review findings
- If the change order is acceptable as written
- The Engineer will receive an email stating the agreement is acceptable for language and content. At this time the status of the Change Order should be updated in AASHTOWare to Approved by Engineer (Pending contract changes specialist approval). The Change Order will now be ready to print out for signatures
- If any revisions are required
- Contract changes specialist will fill out and attach a word document template. The Engineer can copy and paste from and make the requested revisions in AASHTOWare.
- After revisions are made by the Engineer, the status of the Change Order should be updated in AASHTOWare to Approved by Engineer (Pending Approval)
Engineer prints MN Change Order Document and starts the signature process
- Create MN Change Order Document from AASHTOWare and then print out a paper copy
- Verify Change Order Explanations are correct
- Verify Category and Funding columns match for each listed Item
- Add attachments if applicable
- Engineer signs MN Change Order Document
- Contractor signature is optional for level 1 Change orders (not required)
- Local agency signature is required if their participation is affected.
Engineer emails Signed Change Order Document to appropriate contract changes specialist
- Send in signed MN Change Order Document using the following format in the subject line (include attachments)
- Signed_ CN_XXXXXX_CO_XXX_SP_XXXX-XX
- Use the same naming convention for MN Change Order Document name
Contract changes specialist approves Change Order in AASHTOWare for final execution
- Contract Changes Specialist will approve the Change Order and then attach a copy of the signed Change order in AASHTOWare
Engineer receives an email from contract changes specialist stating the Change Order has been fully executed
|2041 OJT Trainee Hours||2041 OJT Trainee Hours (Word)|
|TERO Change Order||TERO CO (PDF)|
|Bituminous Incentives||2366 & 2399 Bit Incentive (Word)|