Executive order on connected and automated vehicles
Executive order 18-04
On March 5, 2018, Governor Mark Dayton signed Executive Order 18-04 establishing the Governor’s Advisory Council on Connected and Automated Vehicles. The executive order recognizes that this technology is evolving rapidly, and that Minnesota must prepare for the transportation, safety, business and equity transformations and opportunities.
Executive Report on Connected and Automated Vehicles
The Governor’s Advisory Council on Connected and Automated Vehicles has released the CAV Executive Report under Executive Order 18-04.
The executive order establishes an advisory council comprised of 15 members appointed by the Governor and ex-officio members from state agencies and the legislature.
- Modernized Policy
- Proactive Leadership and Public Engagement
- Public Education and Outreach
- Funding and Revenue
Advisory Council Recommendations
- Safe Automated Vehicle Testing
- Truck Platooning
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Transportation Infrastructure
- Vehicle Registration, Driver Training and Licensing
- Accessibility and Equity
- Traffic Regulations and Safety
- Economic Development, Business Opportunity and Workforce Preparation
- Insurance and Liability
- Cyber Security and Data Privacy
- Land Use and Planning
Stakeholder engagement report
The State of Minnesota sought extensive stakeholder input on how Minnesota will prepare for Connected and Automated Vehicles.
Public online survey report
The State of Minnesota conducted extensive online surveys to gauge public feedback on Connected and Automated Vehicles.