Temporary Outdoor Dining Permit
Minnesota cities and townships can apply to use part of the state highway right of way to serve food and beverages.
Restaurants must contact their local municipality for permits.
- Request use of sidewalks, parking lanes, and travel lanes.
- Follow federal, state, and local regulations, and ensure all permitted businesses do, too.
- Provide and maintain traffic control.
- Issue permits to businesses according to our Special Conditions for Businesses (Word).
- Restore the highway to its previous condition by Nov. 2, 2021, or before if Executive Order 20-01 expires.
- Sample resolution and certification language (Word)