State Aid Variances
Request submittal (complete and to Central Office) is due by the following dates:
- Monday, June 3, 2019
- Tuesday, September 3, 2019
- Monday, December 2, 2019
Committee meetings are scheduled to meet on the following dates:
- Thursday, June 27, 2019
- Thursday, September 26, 2019
- Thursday, December 12, 2019
Meetings are typically held from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m.
Meetings are held at the MnDOT Shoreview Training Center:
1900 W County Rd I
Shoreview, MN 55126
- Design Element Variance Justification Checklist (PDF, 85 KB)
- State Aid Standards Development Slide Show (PowerPoint, 7 MB)
- State Aid Rules - Chapter 8820
- Your DSAE should be your first contact on any variance requests being considered. Requests must be in the form of a Board or Council Resolution, see the example format of a typical resolution (Word, 25 KB).
- For consideration, FHWA has document titled Mitigation Strategies for Design Exceptions (PDF, 8.5 MB)
- Variance Committee Members may be reimbursed for travel and lodging up the state rates: Expense Form (Excel, 85 KB). For tax purposes and to create a vendor ID number, a W9 (PDF, 120 KB) will need to be provided the first time expenses are processed.
Contact Joel Ulring, Pavement Engineer at email@example.com or 651-366-3831 for further information and assistance.