New road closures begin Aug. 3 for Hwy 30 bridge replacements near Chatfield
CHATFIELD, Minn. – Motorists who use Olmsted County Road 7 will be detoured beginning Aug. 3 at Highway 30 west of Chatfield as crews continue the bridge replacement, and Mill Creek Road north of the highway will be closed Aug. 3 -4 with residents accessing their homes with flaggers directing traffic, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
The bridges at Mill Creek in Chatfield and at the North Branch Root River, west of Olmsted County Road 7, in Cummingsville are being replaced. Highway 30 is a primary route between Chatfield and Stewartville.
The below detour will be in effect during construction.
- Motorists traveling east to Chatfield should take Olmsted County Road 1 south to Olmsted County Road 2 east to Highway 52. Highway 30 traffic traveling west from Chatfield will use the same detour in reverse.
- Residents on the west of side of Mill Creek will be able to access Chatfield via Division Street NW.
If people have questions about accessing a property, they can call Terry Kraling, Icon Constructors, at 507-259-1331. Icon Constructors is the prime contractor for the $6.4 million project.
People can learn more about this project and sign up for email and text message updates on the project website.
Motorists may encounter lane closures or lane shifts, uneven road surfaces, equipment and other unexpected obstacles when driving near or through work zones. MnDOT advises motorists to:
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Go hands-free and minimize other distractions (e.g., don’t eat or drink while driving).
- Follow posted speed limits; the fine for speeding in a work zone is $300.
- Avoid making lane changes within work zones.