Highway 23 one lane, each way, west of the interchange in St. Cloud on May 15
ST CLOUD, Minn. – Plan for delays and changes on Highway 23 west of the interchange in east St. Cloud, reports the Minnesota Department of Transportation, as crews transition the work zone between Wilson Avenue SE and Highway 10 on Monday, May 15.
Here's what to expect:
- Highway 23 will reduce to one lane, each direction, 24-7, on the westbound side of the road, as crews reconstruct the eastbound side between Wilson Avenue SE and Highway 10.
- Highway 10 remains one lane, each direction, 24-7, between 15th Avenue SE and Benton Drive until Nov. 1. Plan for delays at peak travel times.
- Changes to interchange access as follows:
- The ramp from eastbound Highway 23 to eastbound Highway 10 will close and detour along Lincoln Avenue SE and 15th Avenue SE until Monday, May 22. The closure is necessary to replace a pipe beneath the ramp.
- The ramp from eastbound Highway 10 to westbound Highway 23 remains closed and detoured along Highway 15.
- The loop ramp from eastbound Highway 10 to eastbound Highway 23 remains closed and detoured along Golden Spike Road and Benton County Road 1.
- Detour maps available on the project web page, at www.mndot.gov/d3/stc.
- Segments of Fourth Street SE remain closed between Lincoln Avenue SE and Highway 10. Use Lincoln Avenue SE for access.
Looking ahead: Lincoln Avenue SE closes south of Highway 23
On Monday May 22, crews plan to close and reconstruct the south intersection to/from Lincoln Avenue SE at Highway 23. The closure will be set in place through mid-June as follows:
- Lincoln Avenue SE will close south of Highway 23 (175 feet). The eastbound Highway 23 ramp to eastbound Highway 10 at the interchange will reopen. Motorists to use 15th Avenue SE to access Lincoln Avenue SE.
- Highway 23 will remain open to through traffic; and Lincoln Avenue SE will be open north of the intersection. MnDOT will adjust and monitor the temporary signal at the intersection.
The schedule is weather permitting and may shift if necessary.
For more information and to sign-up for construction email updates, visit the St. Cloud interchange project webpage at www.mndot.gov/d3/stc.
When complete in November 2024, the Highway 10 and 23 interchange project will invest in infrastructure to last 60-plus years, provide a smoother road surface, and improve motorist and pedestrian safety and access throughout.