The Maintenance Operation Research (MOR) program encourages and funds applied research to assist in developing innovations. It promotes operational or "hands on" research, encourages the development of ideas and methods that improve transportation, and furthers implementation. Research areas include:
- Winter maintenance
- Winter material
- Road and bridge maintenance
- Roadside maintenance
- Safety, traffic control and workzone safety
"On the road" research is our strength, but we also support some laboratory research. Learn more about ongoing maintenance research projects by reviewing our project status spreadsheet (PDF).
Take a look at the MOR brochure (PDF) for more information.
Monthly MOR Bulletins 2018
Biennial research reports
- Project proposal form (PDF)
- Project report form
- New product information form (Word) (PDF)
- Vendor checklist for anti- and de-ice chemicals (Word) (PDF)