Items marked with the MnDOT icon are available only from PCs logged into MnDOT's internal network. Minnesota residents can access some of these resources using their public library card. If you need assistance with any of these resources please contact us at 651-366-3791 or use the Ask a Librarian form.
- Academic Search™ Premier (available online to Minnesota residents via ELM) (Interactive Tutorial)
Academic Search™ Premier contains indexing and abstracts for more than 8,500 journals, with full text for more than 4,600 of those titles. PDF backfiles to 1975 or further are available for well over one hundred journals, and searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,000 titles.
- EBSCO MegaFILE (available online to Minnesota residents via ELM)
EBSCO MegaFILE is a multi-disciplinary database providing full text for more than 15,000 total publications and indexing & abstracting for more than 19,000 publications. Coverage spans every area of academic study and general interest subject area and offers information dating as far back as the 1800s. In addition, the database contains more than 84,000 biographies, 83,000 primary source documents, 10,000 company profiles and an image collection of more than 107,000 photos, maps and flags.
- MasterFILE™ Complete (available online to Minnesota residents via ELM) (Interactive Tutorial)
MasterFILE™ Complete contains full text for nearly 1,700 periodicals covering general reference, business, health, education, general science, and multi-cultural issues. This database also contains full text for more than 500 reference books, over 107,000 primary source documents, and an Image Collection of over 510,000 photos, maps & flags.
- Pioneer Press (available to MnDOT employees on iHUB)
- Star Tribune, Minneapolis, MN. (available online to Minnesota residents via ELM) (Delayed 1 day)
Full text coverage the Star Tribune newspaper from Jan 1, 1986 to current.
- Star Tribune Archive: 1867-2017
- Minnesota Digital Newspaper Hub
A searchable fulltext database of historic Minnesota Newspapers.
- NewsBank Minnesota Newspapers (available online to MnDOT employees only)
- New York Times (available online to Minnesota residents via ELM)
- U.S. Newsstream (available online to Minnesota residents via ELM)
U.S. Newsstream enables users to search the most recent premium U.S. news content, as well as archives which stretch back into the 1980s featuring newspapers, newswires, blogs, and news sites in active full-text format.
- Wall Street Journal (available online to Minnesota residents via ELM)
Searchable database of full text articles from the Wall Street Journal.
- Washington Post (available online to Minnesota residents via ELM)
- Google Newspaper Archive
- MnLINK - Minnesota Library Information Network
MnLINK provides a way to search all participating Minnesota libraries at one time. MnLINK also provides access to online databases with full text articles.
- Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC)
The Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC®) serves the DoD community as the largest central resource for DoD and government-funded scientific, technical, engineering, and business related information available today.
- National Technical Information Service (NTIS)
The National Technical Information Service serves as the largest central resource for government-funded scientific, technical, engineering, and business related information available today.
- Science.gov: FirstGov for Science
Science.gov is a gateway to government science information and research results. Science.gov provides a search of over 42 scientific databases and 200 million pages of science information with just one query, and is a gateway to over 2000 scientific Websites.
- U.S. Department of Transportation Online Publications
The Database allows customers to access DOT publications that are available online.
- U.S. Government Printing Office Sales Catalog
Catalog of U.S. Government Printing Office publications.
- WorldCat - Worldwide library catalog
WorldCat is the world's largest and most comprehensive database of library catalog information.