Hwy 52 Zumbrota to Cannon Falls
SP 2506-83, Letting Feb. 24, 2021
Project purpose, benefits
The Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) is scheduled to reconstruct the southbound Highway 52 lanes beginning 2.2. miles south of Highway 19 in Cannon Falls and proceeding south to 1.2 miles north of Goodhue County Road 7 . Additionally, MnDOT is proposing to replace a number of bridges, including the bridges at the junctions of Highway 60 (west) and Highway 60 (east) near Zumbrota.
MnDOT will also be investigating intersection improvements at the junction of Highway 57/Goodhue County Road 8 and Highway 52 in Hader. Additional safety and access management measures will be investigated corridor-wide during design development. No determinations on the type of intersection improvements or other safety and access management measures have been made.
- Request for Letters of Interest
- RFQ: Released Aug 5, 2020. (See Design-Build Sharepoint site to view file)
- Shortlisted Teams: Sept. 24, 2020
- RFP: October 2020
- Letting - Feb. 24, 2021 (Amended at 2:30 p.m. following audit correction)
- Construction Start: Spring 2021
- To be determined, but design oversight will likely be outsourced to consultants.