In spring 2019, MnDOT closed a portion of Hwy 67 between Granite Falls and Echo. The roadway is built along a slope near a bend in the Yellow Medicine River. The roadway is unstable due to movement of the earth underneath the roadway. The road will remain closed through 2020. Please refer to the detour map below.
Virtual open house
- MnDOT is recommending rerouting Hwy 67 via other roadways due to the high cost and significant impacts to environment and historic and cultural sites.
- Click here to view the virtual open house to learn more.
- A detour is in effect (see map to the right).
- Highway 67 is open from Highway 23 (Granite Falls) to the Upper Sioux Agency State Park Visitor Center.
- To access the Upper Sioux Agency State Park Yellow Medicine Campground, follow the detour and approach from the south.
- There is no through access from the Upper Sioux Agency State Park to the Yellow Medicine Campground. Visit the park website for more details.