Project work zones and detours
Summary of work
MnDOT is repairing sections of the concrete pavement on US 59 in two locations:
- US 59 from the intersection of Hwy 23 in Marshall to the intersection of Lyon CR 6 (south of Marshall). Work will take about 5 weeks.
- US 59 from the intersection of US 14 (near Garvin) to just north of the intersection of Hwy 30. Work will begin along this route and will take about 8 weeks.
- US 59 is closed to through traffic from US 14 to Hwy 30; follow the detour for that route - see map above.
- The detour in Marshall will begin toward the end of August (date TBD).
- Homes and businesses along US 59 will always have access to/from the nearest intersection.
- Reach Lake Shetek using CR 48 from the detour route.
- Allow extra travel time and expect delays.
July 30, 2021: work is currently taking place between US 14 and Hwy 30
- Saw cutting began July 26 in the Garvin area
- Concrete removals and repairs then began July 29 (see photo below)