About this project
This project is complete.
Summary of MnDOT work
- Resurface Hwy 22 from Hwy 212 to Cedar Ave.
- Update sidewalks, driveways and pedestrian crossings along project area to meet current Americans with Disabilities (ADA) standards.
- Portions of existing curb and gutter, as well as underground storm pipe, will be replaced.
- The curb line on the north side of 13th St will be narrowed from Hennepin Ave to Ford Ave, and new sidewalk added by the gas station to 6th St.
Oct. 24, 2022
- This project has been completed.
Additional construction projects in Glencoe area
- 2021: McLeod County and City of Glencoe expanded Morningside Drive in 2020. The road will be paved in 2021.
- 2021: The City of Glencoe will resurface 10th St. from Hennepin Ave. to Morningside Drive.
- 2021: McLeod County will be paving CR 2 from the Sibley County line to 10th St.
- 2022: MnDOT will construct a J-turn at the intersection of Hwy 212 & CR 1 and a partial J-turn at the intersection of Hwy 212 & Hwy 22/Chandler Ave.
- 2022: MnDOT will resurface Hwy 22 from the intersection of Hwy 212 to Cedar Ave. Upgrading of sidewalks, pedestrian crossings and some driveways are part of the project.
- 2022: McLeod County will pave five miles of CR 1 from CR 3 south to the county line.
- 2024: MnDOT will construct a roundabout at the intersection of Hwy 212 and Morningside Drive.