Projects at a glance
Hwy 61 construction planned through 2024
Construction projects are scheduled on the Hwy 61 corridor near Red Wing through 2024 that will improve the ride, safety and traffic flow of this important road along the Mississippi River.
Learn more about each project and sign up for individual project email or text message updates.
- Hwy 61 resurfacing — Lake City to Red Wing
- Hwy 61 — Canadian Pacific rail bridge replacement
- Hwy 61 — Withers Harbor Bridge
- Hwy 61/Hwy 316 roundabout
- Hwy 61/County Road 18 intersection safety
Public meeting summary
MnDOT hosted a regional public open house on July 12, 2022 that highlighted five projects occurring along Hwy 61 through 2024. In the meeting summary, you can view materials that were at the meeting.