Reconstruct Highway 24 from Highway 55 to north of Poplar Ave. in Annandale, includes city utilities and pedestrian access improvements.
Hwy 24 detour in Annandale
Reconstruct Hwy 24/Oak Ave. between Hwy 55 and Park St.
- Hwy 24/Oak Ave. closed between Park St. and Hwy 55. Detour uses Poplar Ave. and Hwy 55. Detour map, PDF
- Segments of sidewalk closures along Hwy 24. Follow detour signs and stay out of closed areas. Consider side or back entrances.
Downtown Annandale is open
Access will be maintained and open to businesses and residents, however expect changes.
- Local access, parking map courtesy of the City of Annandale. Image, JPG
Week of Aug. 10
The center turn-lane on Hwy 55 will be closed between Harrison St. W and Cherry Ave. S for three days while crews update the watermain beneath Hwy 55. Watch for slow or stopped turning traffic.
In progress through August
Construction continues on Hwy 24/Oak Ave. between Hwy 55 and Park St. Crews continue to:
- Replace city sanitary sewer, water main and storm sewer
- Reconstruct sidewalks along Hwy 24. Pedestrians should stay out of closed areas and follow detour signs. Walkways may be rubber mats. Consider back/side entrances, or calling your destination ahead of time for parking or access directions.
- The work zone may change throughout the day. Watch for changes, signs, workers and equipment.
A final layer of bituminous will be paved on the entire project in September. Expect single lane closures, flaggers for this work.