Begins April 2022
Redesign and reconstruct three miles of Highway 169 to a new freeway system through Elk River between Highway 101/10 and 197th Avenue, Sherburne County from April 22 to November 2024.
Summary of work
Convert to a freeway
- Reconstruct all four-lanes of Hwy 169 and adjacent road connections
- Construct four new interchanges:
- Hwy 169 bridge over Main St.
- School St./Elk Hills Dr. bridge over Hwy 169
- Hwy 169 bridge over 193rd Ave.
- 197th Ave. over Hwy 169
- Improve pedestrian accessibility along city streets
- Upgrade underground infrastructure and utilities
- Improve access at the Hwy 169/101/10 interchange
- Replace the northbound Hwy 169/101 bridge over Hwy 10
The ‘169 Redefine’ project is a partnership project with MnDOT, the City of Elk River and Sherburne County.
All information is subject to change.