Minnesota's new Toward Zero Death goal – reaching 400 or fewer deaths by 2010
Minnesota is on track. 2008 represents a 16 percent decrease in deaths from 2007.
See Minnesota Traffic Fatalities statistics.
Safety Planning Links
- Strategic Highway Safety Plan
- Road Safety Plans
- Road Safety Audits
- Intersection Control Evaluation
- Statewide Transportation Plan (20-year)
- State Transportation Improvement Program
Traffic Safety Navigation
Traffic Engineering Sites
A significant amount of planning is needed to attain the goals of Toward Zero Deaths. We need to identify key problem areas, research solutions and maximize resources to reduce crashes resulting in death and serious injury.
Safety Planning Partners
Our partners include state agencies, counties and cities. The TZD leadership team initiates and implements major planning activities for the state agencies below.
How do we measure our progress toward the goal of TZD?
We measure progress by comparing data including:
- before and after implementation studies
- validating our research with other state and national data