A significant amount of planning is needed to attain the goals of Toward Zero Deaths. We need to identify key problem areas, research solutions and maximize resources to reduce crashes resulting in death and serious injury.
- Strategic Highway Safety Plan
- Local road safety
- Road safety audits
- Intersection control evaluation
- Statewide transportation plan - 20-year
- State Transportation Improvement Program - 4-year
- Traffic Safety Fundamentals Handbook (PDF)
- Updated District Safety Plans Overview (PDF)
- Example of the District Safety Plan Update (PDF)
Safety planning partners
Our partners include state agencies, counties and cities. The TZD leadership team initiates and implements major planning activities for the state agencies below.
How do we measure our progress toward the goal of TZD?
We measure progress by comparing data including:
- Before and after implementation studies
- Validating our research with other states and national data