Highway Safety Improvement Program
The latest solicitation (September 2017) for Greater Minnesota local projects for the Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP) (SFY 2019-2022) is now open. The necessary documents can be found on this page. Applications are due November 22, 2017.
The document linked below contains the selected projects during the last solicitation (March 2015) for SFY 2016-2019.
Selected projects (PDF)
Can local government get funding for low cost highway improvements?
The Federal government has set aside approximately $33 million (in 2018) for HSIP safety projects; 60% of these funds are set aside for local safety projects. Specific regulations must be followed to apply for the funds. See the Local HSIP Announcement for further details.
Local Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP)
MnDOT District Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP)
- District HSIP Announcement: Greater Minnesota (PDF)
- District HSIP Application: Greater Minnesota (PDF)
The following material may be helpful in the application process, including calculations and reference materials/examples.
- Crash Modification Factors Clearinghouse
- Benefit/Cost (B/C) worksheet - revised August 2015 (Excel)
- Crash rate calculator
- Annual Highway Safety Improvement (HSIP) Report 2014 (PDF)
- State Aid funding
- Wright County Rural Intersection Lighting Policy (PDF)