About Design Scene
"Design Scene" is a means to communicate with all designers, technicians and engineers. Ideas are expressed, information assembled and distributed through this document to assist the designers in their everyday assignments.
We would like to encourage you, as designers, to share with your fellow employees some of the ideas that you may have developed in improving the quality and reducing cost and time of plan preparation. We also solicit the continuing support we receive from other offices that work with us in the final design process.
The Design Scene document was created in Word and is presented here both in zipped (compressed) and in Portable Document Format (PDF). You may use WinZip to uncompress and/or Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the document. If needed, the software can be downloaded for free by clicking on the appropriate link.
Please click on the disclaimer link above before downloading this document.
Design Scene Table of Contents
- Download the entire document (Word, 1.3 MB) (Entire document updated 9/30/13)
- Chapter 1 — Title Sheet (Updated 9-30-13)
- Chapter 2 — Quantities (Updated 9-10-13)
- Chapter 3 — Details (Updated 9-10-13)
- Chapter 4 — Earthwork (Updated 9-10-13)
- Chapter 5 — Utilities
- Chapter 6 — Staging
- Chapter 7 — Alignment
- Chapter 8 — Removals
- Chapter 9 — Plan and Profiles (Updated 9-10-13)
- Chapter 10 — Paving
- Chapter 11 — Walls (Updated 9-10-13)
- Chapter 12 — Drainage
- Chapter 13 — Turf Establishment
- Chapter 14 — Guard Rail/Barriers
- Chapter 15 — Fencing (Updated 9-10-13)
- Chapter 16 — Traffic
- Chapter 17 — Cross Section
- Chapter 18 — General
Newsletters (PDF format)