The 20-Year Minnesota State Highway Investment Plan 2014-2033 supports the guiding principles from the Minnesota GO vision and link the policies and strategies laid out in the Statewide Multimodal Transportation Plan to improvements on the state highway system.
The state highway system is a network of roads that includes interstates, U.S. highways, and state highways. MnDOT maintains the state’s 12,000-mile highway system. MnSHIP will guide future capital improvements on Minnesota’s state highway system over the next twenty years; it will not affect local or county roads.
Download the final plan
- MnSHIP Cover (PDF)
- Commissioner's Letter (PDF)
- Table of Contents (PDF)
- Chapter 1 - Plan Overview (PDF)
- Chapter 2 - Key Factors and Assumptions (PDF)
- Chapter 3 - Transportation Needs (PDF)
- Chapter 4 - Development Investment Priorities (PDF)
- Chapter 5 - 20-Year Investment Plan (PDF)
- Chapter 6 - Moving Forward (PDF)
- District 10-Year Work Plans
Files are provided in Adobe PDF format with ADA accessibility features.
The plan is also available for review in hard copy format at:
395 John Ireland Blvd
St. Paul, MN 55155