Expect intermittent temporary detours for local roads accessing Hwy 65 and off-peak lane closures on Hwy 65.
The medians will close during work at each intersection. During the median closures, traffic will be able to turn right off Hwy 65 or turn right from the side road onto Hwy 65.
Fri, Aug. 3 to fall 2018
- Work has begun at the intersection of Hwy 65 and 187th Ave.
July 23 to fall 2018
- The Hwy 65 center median is closed at 157th Ave. Right turns only allowed from Hwy 65 and 157th Ave. Follow signed detours.
- EB 157th Ave. detour: North on Central Ave, east on Constance Blvd, south on Xylite St. N.E. to 153rd Ave. and west to Hwy 65. From there you will be able to reach Baltimore St.
- WB 157th Ave. detour: Baltimore St. to 153rd Ave, East to Xylite St. N.E., north on Xylite St. to Constance Blvd. (Co. Rd. 60), west to Central Ave. (west frontage road) and south to reach 157th Ave.
Thu, Sept. 8 to late October 2018
- The center median at Hwy 65 is closed at 187th Ln. until late October. NB traffic will continue north on Hwy 65 and use the newly constructed median crossover to travel south on Hwy 65 to reach 187th Ln. SB traffic will continue south to 181st Ave./Baltimore St. to reach 187th Ln. The new SB median crossover is under construction.
Sept. 18 to late October 2018
- Work has begun on left turn lane extensions at the following locations. During the work, motorists will encounter temporary shoulder closures and lane closures as well as short-term closures at cross streets. Extending left turn lanes will provide additional safer space for motor vehicles to que out of the mainline of Hwy 65 traffic.
- 147th Ave/Andover Blvd. (NB)
- Constance Blvd/Co. Rd. 60 (NB)
- Crosstown Blvd/Co. Rd. 18 (NB/SB)
- Sims Rd/Co. Rd. 86 (NB/SB)
Late September to late October 2018
- Work begins on left turn lane extensions at the following locations (working south to north). During the work, motorists will encounter temporary shoulder closures and lane closures as well as short-term closures at cross streets.
- Ramp from WB Hwy 10 to SB Hwy 65 in Blaine (double left turn lane).
- 85th Ave. (SB)
- 99th Ave. (NB/SB)
- 105th Ave. (NB)
- 109th Ave. (NB/SB)
- 117th Ave/Cloud Dr. (NB/SB)
Extending left turn lanes will provide additional safer space for motor vehicles to que out of the mainline of Hwy 65 traffic.
Spring 2019 to October 2019
- Project work will begin on non-signalized RCIs at the following Hwy 65 intersections:
- 143rd Ave.
- 153rd Ave.
- 181st Ave.
- Signalized intersection at Hwy 65 at the intersection of Viking Blvd.
- Project work will begin on the existing RCI center median at 169th Ave.