16th St. Ramp is now open!
Specific information about road, bridge and ramp closures will be posted as it becomes available.
Note: Work will not start on the Hwy 169 project until after the Hwy 100 and I-494 projects are completed in fall 2016.
Nov. 2016 through fall 2017
- Both directions of Hwy 169 between Bren Rd and 7th St. (5th St., Lincoln Dr.) will be closed
Northbound detour: eastbound Hwy 62, northbound Hwy 100, westbound I-394 to Hwy 169.
Southbound detour: westbound I-394, southbound I-494 to Hwy 169
Advantages of a full closure
- Reduces construction impacts from 3 years to 1 year by consolidating all of the planned Hwy 169 projects
- Allows construction to occur on Hwy 169 at a time when less construction is occurring on alternate routes
- Significantly reduces the risk to workers and motorists in the work zone
Spring 2017 through fall 2017
- Hwy 169 lane restrictions and ramp closures from Hwy 55 to Hwy 62
- Southbound Hwy 169 ramps to and from 16th St. will close permanently
From I-394: Hopkins Crossroad interchange, Wayzata Blvd. (South Frontage Road) to Ford Rd.
From Hwy 169: Cedar Lake Rd. (interchange) to Ford Rd., or, Betty Crocker Dr., Shelard Pkwy., Wayzata Blvd (South Frontage Rd) to Ford Rd.