Information for Drivers
In the Highway Right of Way
- Maintenance Manual
- Highway Systems Operations Plan
- 2010-11 Winter At-a-Glance
- Field Guide for Testing Deicing Chemicals
- Flashing Arrow Board Maintenance and Replacement Guidance
Resources for Local Government and Partners
- Maintenance Research
- Maintenance Training
- Maintenance Building Services
- Maintenance Fleet Equipment
- Maintenance State Sign Shop
- Road Weather Information System
- Contracts for Material and Services
Signs are designed, fabricated, inventoried, and shipped by our skilled and dedicated staff at our 3487 Hadley Ave N, Oakdale, Minnesota location. While the vast majority of our production is for MN/DOT signs along Minnesota's Trunk Highways, we do make signs for cities and counties.
Our office phone number is (651) 366-4413.
Sign Manuals and Examples
MN/DOT uses a standard sign manual for all standard sign orders. The standard sign summary provides color pictures of all the standard signs. Additionally, the Sign Shop makes specialty signs for various businesses. Follow the links below for examples of standard and specialty signs:
Standard Signs (pdf)
Specialty Signs (pdf)
For more information about either standard or specialty signs contact:
For information about casino signs click here.
- Who can purchase signs?
- MN/DOT Districts, Cities, Counties
- How much do they cost?
- Sign cost vary by size and type. Contact us for a quote.
- What type of material does MN/DOT use for its signs?
- MN/DOT uses high quality aluminum for its highway signs. The sign front is made of 3M diamond grade reflective material. The graphics are made with Electro Cut (EC) film. Anti-graffiti overlay is optional.
- How do I go about getting a sign for my business on the large blue highway signs?
- Large blue signs also known as logo signs are not made by us. To learn more about these, go to the Logo Sign website.