Midtown Greenway Bridge (Bridge L8916)
History & significance
In 1916 the Chicago, Milwaukee and Saint Paul Railroad constructed a series of bridges to separate railroad traffic from city streets. The bridges are identical in plan, dimension, and ornamental detail. Each structure is a three-span, cast-in-place, reinforced-concrete T-beam that rests on round-arch piers. The railings, parapet walls, and wingwalls feature modest Classic Revival details, including ornamental recessed panels and pilasters. Beginning in 2000 the rail lines were removed and the grade separated corridor was converted to a recreational trail, known as the Midtown Greenway, and maintained by the City of Minneapolis.
City of Minneapolis (Hennepin County)
Latitude, Longitude: 44.95038936, -93.25884735