TH 169 Nine Mile Creek Bridge Replacement
SP 2772-113, Letting Aug. 5, 2016
Project purpose, benefits
This project is made up of 4 separate projects that are tied together. All four projects will be let to one contractor during one Design Build letting. The scope of the projects are as follows:
- SP 2772-113: Replace the Nine Mile Creek Bridge #27568 with a causeway. Approximate cost $60 million. Limits are essentially between the Bren Road and 7th Street interchanges on TH 169.
- SP 2772-104: Remove ramps on southbound TH 169 at 16th Street in St. Louis Park and install a visual barrier (similar to short noise wall). Approximate cost is $850,000.
- SP 2772-105: Major concrete pavement repair and medium bituminous mill and overlay between TH 62 and TH 55. See scoping map on FTP site. Approximate cost $10 to $15 million.
- SP 2772-110: Add acceleration and deceleration lanes along TH 169 at the existing Cedar Lake Road interchange ramps. See preliminary layout on FTP site. Approximate cost $770,000.
Key Project Goal
The key project goal is to completely close TH 169 between Bren Road and 7th Street interchanges from Nov. 1, 2016 to Nov. 1, 2017 to prosecute the replacement of bridge 27568 over Nine Mile Creek with a causeway. In general, the rest of TH 169 will go to one lane in each direction during the typical construction season to prosecute the pavement rehabilitation under SP 2772-105.
- Request for Letters of Interest (Word) – Sept. 21, 2015
- RFQ – January 22, 2016
- Shortlisted Teams (Word) - March 28, 2016
- RFP – May 4, 2016
- Letting – July 27, 2016
- Oversight RFP to be issued immediately following letting in July 2016 to allow unsuccessful proposers to bid.