I-94 Maple Grove to Rogers
SP 2780-97, Letting: Oct. 9, 2019
Project purpose, benefits
Provide long term pavement for I-94 and coordinate with the construction of the new Dayton Parkway interchange to be located ½-mile east of the Brockton Lane overpass.
Scope is draft and subject to change.
The project scope (which is draft and subject to change) currently includes:
- The unbonded concrete overlay of I-94 from the I-494 Fish Lake Interchange (paving through the interchange) to TH 101. (Approximately 9.5 miles)
- A new lane in each direction from TH 610 to the new Dayton Parkway interchange.
- A new lane in each direction from the new Dayton Parkway interchange to TH 101. Includes adding a 3rd eastbound lane under the TH 101 bridge.
- No bridge work other than approach panels, pier struts, and barrier protection.
- MOT work sufficient to ensure that all 6 lanes of traffic remain open during construction. It is assumed 5-lanes will be put on one side of the median and the 6th lane will be on the opposite side of the median.
- The construction of many noise walls that will be primarily located east of Maple Grove Parkway. One wall may be in Rogers west of Brockton lane on the eastbound side.
- TMS and Lighting work.
Proposers please be aware:
- A design bid build contract (SP 2780-99) will be let in June 2019 to construct more than 50% of the widening needed for the above design build contract SP 2780-97.
- The new Dayton Parkway interchange will be constructed under a separate design-bid-build contract (SP 229-010-001) concurrently with the design-build contract in 2020.
Between $106 million and $141 million. (SP 2780-97)
Must be complete by November 2021.
- Request for Letters of Interest (Word) – Dec. 4, 2018
- RFQ Release – April 2, 2019
- Submit SOQs – May, 2019
- Shortlist Teams (Word) – June 6, 2019
- RFP Release – Early July, 2019
- Letting – Oct. 9, 2019
- Construction Start – March 15, 2020
- Project FTP site
- Public website