SP 5508-84, Letting 10/28/05
About the project
MnDOT - District 6 (Rochester/Owatonna/Winona)
State Project Number: 5508-84
This project, completed with a single design-build contract includes improvements:
- Diamond interchange at County Road 112/ 12 (S)
- Overpass at County Road 12 (N)
- New mainline bridges over Lake Shady
- Frontage road construction to facilitate access to local roads
- Access control measures to improve safety
The proposed project provides safer and more efficient traffic operations on Hwy 52 and the adjoining county/local road system.
- Hwy 52 segment located in Olmsted County
- Starts near junction of 85th Street and continues northerly to the 59th Avenue intersection in Oronoco
- Hwy 52 between Rochester and the Twin Cities is classified as a high-priority interregional corridor
- $37 million
- This segment of Hwy 52 features several at-grade intersections.
- Heavy traffic volumes and high speeds make it difficult for traffic to safely access the highway from local cross streets and public roads.
- A December, 2000 Road Safety Audit revealed that the County Road 12(N) intersection in Oronoco had an accident rate twice as high as the statewide average for similar intersections.
- Additionally, the existing northbound Hwy 52 bridges over Lake Shady qualify for replacement based on age, condition, bridge sufficiency ratings, substandard hydraulic capacity and substandard width.
Proposals, clarifications, information
- Completed in 2007
- Bid Award Score Summary (PDF 0.5 MB)
Form 14 proposal price forms
RFP clarifications and addenda
- #10, Aug. 25, 2005 (PDF 0.5 MB)
- #9, Aug. 23, 2005 (PDF 0.5 MB)
- #8, Aug 18, 2005 (PDF 0.5 MB)
- #7, Aug. 12, 2005 (PDF 0.5 MB)
- #6, Aug. 4, 2005 (PDF 0.5 MB)
- #5, July 22, 2005 (PDF 0.5 MB)
- #4, June 24, 2005 (PDF 0.5 MB)
- #3, June 17, 2005 (PDF 0.5 MB)
- #2, June 10, 2005 (PDF 0.5 MB)
- #1, June 9, 2005 (PDF 0.5 MB)
- RFP Addenda (PDF 0.5 MB)
- Short-listed teams, May 25, 2005 (PDF 0.5 MB)
- Request for Qualifications, March 18, 2005 (PDF 0.5 MB)
- Project Information Workshop Attendance Record (PDF 0.5 MB)
- Project Information Workshop Powerpoint Presentation (PDF 0.5 MB)