About this project
- Construction start date has been delayed due to utility relocation issues.
- Utilities continue to be relocated and progress made.
- The schedule is being reevaluated.
Summary of MnDOT work
- Improvements to approximately 11 miles of Hwy 68 from North Grant Street in Minneota to the Redwood River in Marshall including shoulder widening and culvert replacement.
- Drainage repairs near Porter are also included in the project.
- Construction will take one season and should be finished, weather permitting by the fall of 2022.
- Click here to view an overview of the project including the layout
Wider shoulders on Hwy 68
- Hwy 68 is currently 32 feet wide, with 4 foot paved shoulders and 12 foot driving lanes.
- After construction is complete, Hwy 68 will have wider shoulders between Minneota and Marshall by adding 4 feet of gravel on each side.