About this project
Reconstruct Hwy 71 north of Jackson with two lanes northbound and one lane southbound with a two-way left turn lane and add a trail. Replace the bridge over the Des Moines River and reconfigure the 4th Street/Springfield Parkway/Hwy 71 intersection, modify business and street access to improve safety.
May 4 - November 2016
- Bridge replacement over Des Moines River. Local detour of Highway 71
- Minor work on Highway 71 with lane closures. Local traffic only
- Alternate Truck Detour – under consideration
- Parking restricted on Hwy 71 (3rd St.) from White St. to Sherman St.
- Parking restricted on W. Ashely St. from 3rd St. to 2nd St.
- River Street will be closed at Ashley St.
- Riverside Drive speed limit temporarily reduced to 25 mph with additional signing
- Access maintained to businesses and residents
- City of Jackson businesses open during construction – Chamber of Commerce website – http://www.jacksonmn.com/ City of Jackson website - http://www.cityofjacksonmn.com/.
- Contract awarded to Minnowa Construction for $4,937,755.55
- Replace Des Moines River Bridge
- Reconstruct from N. Highway to Riverside Dr.
- Mill and overlay Riverside Dr. to Golf Course
- Extend Des Moines River Trail north to Golf Course (with future plans to extend to Belmont Drive)
- Pedestrian crossing signal at Springfield Parkway/4th St.