About this project
MnDOT is reconstructing Hwy 71 north of Jackson with two lanes northbound and one lane southbound with a two-way left turn lane and add a trail. Crews are also replace the bridge over the Des Moines River and reconfigure the 4th Street/Springfield Parkway/Hwy 71 intersection, modify business and street access to improve safety.
- Riverside Drive speed limit temporarily reduced to 25 mph with additional signing
- Minor work on Hwy 71 with lane closures. Local traffic only.
- Alternate truck detour under consideration
- River Street will be closed at Ashley St.
- Parking restricted on Hwy 71 (3rd St.) from White St. to Sherman St.
- Parking restricted on W. Ashely St. from 3rd St. to 2nd St.
- Access maintained to businesses and residents
- City of Jackson businesses open during construction
- Contract awarded to Minnowa Construction for $4,937,755.55
- Replace Des Moines River Bridge
- Reconstruct from N. Highway to Riverside Dr.
- Mill and overlay Riverside Dr. to Golf Course
- Extend Des Moines River Trail north to Golf Course (with future plans to extend to Belmont Drive)
- Pedestrian crossing signal at Springfield Parkway/4th St.