Please drive with caution and slow down in work zones. All businesses will remain accessible throughout the project.
- View detour route (Aug. 11-early Sept.)
- Broadway Ave in Saint Peter (0.8 mi.)
- County Road 20 (10.9 mi.)
- County Road 8 (3.1 mi.)
- From early September through the fall, all traffic will shift from the detour to the northbound lanes, one lane in each direction to north of the Cambria silo.
- Late October traffic will no longer be switched.
- Raise grade and reconstruct two miles of Hwy 169 (southbound lanes only)
- Preserve/resurface nine miles of Hwy 169 (southbound lanes only)
- Revise access to city of Saint Peter (north and southbound lanes)
Reduced Conflict Intersections
As part of the 2014 project, crews will be constructing a Reduced Conflict Intersection. RCIs are intersections that decrease fatalities and injuries caused by broadside crashes on four-lane divided highways. In some parts of the country, RCIs are sometimes referred to as J-turns or RCUTs. Learn more about how they improve safety and how to drive them in the video below.