Attn: July 28 meeting to discuss possible changes to traffic and schedule
MnDOT is hosting a public meeting from 4:30 to 6:00 p.m. at the St. Peter Community Center on Monday, July 28 to discuss a proposal to detour Highway 169 traffic to recover from the four week delay, partially caused by the recent floods. The goal of the proposed changes to the schedule below is to finish the work this construction season.
Please drive with caution and slow down in work zones. All businesses will remain accessible throughout the project.
- From mid-July to late August, traffic will be restricted to two lanes on Hwy 169, two-way in the southbound lanes from St. Peter to Roberts Creek and two-way traffic in northbound lanes from Roberts Creek to north of the Cambria silo.
- From August through the Fall, all traffic will shift from southbound to northbound lanes and during the fall, traffic will switch to one lane on each northbound and southbound from St. Peter to Roberts Creek and two-way traffic in northbound from Roberts Creek to north of the Cambria silo.
- Raise grade and reconstruct two miles of Hwy 169 (southbound lanes only)
- Preserve/resurface nine miles of Hwy 169 (southbound lanes only)
- Revise access to city of Saint Peter (north and southbound lanes)
- Print 2014 project timeline (PDF)