Please drive with caution and slow down in work zones. All businesses will remain accessible throughout the project.
2014 Lane closures
- From early September through early October traffic will be carried in the northbound lanes, one lane in each direction to north of the Cambria silo.
- In October traffic will switch to one lane each way on the outside lane of both north and southbound Hwy 169.
- Raise grade and reconstruct two miles of Hwy 169 (southbound lanes only)
- Preserve/resurface nine miles of Hwy 169 (southbound lanes only)
- Revise access to city of Saint Peter (north and southbound lanes)
Reduced Conflict Intersections
As part of the 2014 project, crews will be constructing a Reduced Conflict Intersection. RCIs are intersections that decrease fatalities and injuries caused by broadside crashes on four-lane divided highways. In some parts of the country, RCIs are sometimes referred to as J-turns or RCUTs. Learn more about how they improve safety and how to drive them in the video below.