About this project
MnDOT will reconstruct and improve motorist and pedestrian safety on Hwy 71/Main St. S in Sauk Centre, Stearns County.
Summary of work
- Reconstruct Hwy 71 from I-94 to Main St. N
- Replace city water main, sewer and underground utilities
- Install new curb and gutter and storm sewer
- Upgrade, install signal system at Sinclair Lewis Ave.
- Improve the intersection of Main St. N and Hwy 71
- Widen and extend pedestrian sidewalks and road approaches
- Improve pedestrian/bicycle access across the Sauk River bridge
- Project requires road and sidewalk closures with detours