About this 2023 project
The City of Buffalo, in partnership with MnDOT, will reconstruct Hwy 25 from First St. S to the curve north of Settlers Pkwy. The project includes updates to city utilities, pedestrian sidewalks and approaches. Work is scheduled to begin spring 2023.
Summary of work
- Reconstruct Hwy 25 from First St. S to north of Settlers Pkwy.
- Install a continuous center left turn lane to improve access
- Replace underground utilities—water main, sanitary sewer and storm sewer
- Install sidewalk (8 ft. wide) along the east side of Hwy 25 south of Montrose Blvd. and along the west side north of Montrose Blvd.
- Install bicycle lane and shoulder (6 ft. wide) along both sides of Hwy 25 south of Second St. S
- Remove parking along both sides, except on the west side of Sturges Park, to expand the community commons area and open space along the lake between First St. S and Second St. S.
The project will require detours.