News and Notices
What is a limousine?
A limousine is an unmarked luxury passenger automobile that is not a bus, pickup truck, taxicab, truck, or multi-purpose vehicle (MPV), and seats 15 or fewer passengers (including the driver). Operating a limousine must meet the following conditions:
- The vehicle does not have a meter
- Service is for-hire
- Service is not provided on a regular route
- Arrangements are made before service is provided
- Seating capacity is 15 or fewer passengers (including the driver)
- Service charges are more than a taxicab for a comparable trip
What do I need to do to operate a limousine?
Limousines meeting the criteria above must be registered with the MnDOT Office of Freight and Commercial Vehicle Operations.