News and Notices
Drop-off, parking restrictions in effect at University of Minnesota TCF Bank Stadium
Charter buses that are parking, stopping or circulating and buses and limousines that are circulating at the University of Minnesota TCF Bank Stadium should be aware of certain restrictions for Gopher football games. See restrictions (PDF)
What is a limousine?
A limousine is an unmarked luxury passenger automobile that is not a bus, pickup truck, taxicab, truck, or multi-purpose vehicle (MPV), and seats 15 or fewer passengers (including the driver). Operating a limousine must meet the following conditions:
- The vehicle does not have a meter
- Service is for-hire
- Service is not provided on a regular route
- Arrangements are made before service is provided
- Seating capacity is 15 or fewer passengers (including the driver)
- Service charges are more than a taxicab for a comparable trip
What do I need to do to operate a limousine?
Limousines meeting the criteria above must be registered with the MnDOT Office of Freight and Commercial Vehicle Operations.