Contracting and Public Engagement
The Equitable Contracting and Engagement project is an ongoing effort to explore ways to make MnDOT's contracting and engagement processes more accessible and inclusive. MnDOT wants to contract with more community-based organizations and nonprofits and advance our engagement work. This project will identify ways our contracting process can be more streamlined and less burdensome on our partners. It will also identify possible ways for us to employ more engagement specialists within the agency to help us reach key communities. This work will align MnDOT processes with community values.
Tasks for this project include
- Review Pre-Qualified Consultant work types in the area of public engagement and communications for opportunities to update or add work types to include community building, community relations
- Create a decision map of contracting processes, identify opportunities for process improvement
- Edit, distribute and publicize model language for how to include requirements for community based organizations and nonprofit involvement in contracts
- Create marketing material to bring community based organizations and nonprofits into the contracting process
- Explore opportunity to pilot an ambassadors program at MnDOT
- Explore grant-making possibilities as a means to involve community leaders/liaisons in our engagement and outreach efforts
This project started in 2020 and will continue through 2021. More information will be shared here as it becomes available.