No travel advisory issued in Northwest Minnesota
High winds and limited visibility create hazardous driving conditions
BEMIDJI, Minn. – The Minnesota Department of Transportation advises no travel on highways in northwestern Minnesota due to high winds causing blowing snow and zero visibility. The no travel advisory includes the following roads:
- Hwy 75- Perley to Canada
- Highway 2- Crookston to East Grand Forks
- Highway 9- Crookston to Ada
- Highway 200- Ada to North Dakota
- Highway 1- Warren to North Dakota
- Highway 220- Oslo to Highway 11
- Highway 11- Karlstad to North Dakota
- Highway 175- Highway 59 to North Dakota
No Travel Advised means that the visibility has been reduced to the point that it is very dangerous to travel. Motorists are advised not to travel in these areas until the high winds subside and conditions improve.
For additional tips on safe winter driving, go to mndot.gov/workzone/winter.html.